Monday, November 10, 2008

More Mess!

Since I did have a few takers on the previous offer of letting future cookie messes be made at their houses instead of mine.... I thought I would share another mess I decided I would offer out to any one that wants it!




The real mess had nothing to do with the paint.... for anyone that is aware of Prestyn's "episodes"...or better yet- have experienced it first hand........let me just tell ya....I would rather paint be spilt all over the carpet than the freak out/melt down/holding his breath and passing out episode we had once Prestyn realized that a small very minimal amount of paint had spilt on him! WOW! OCD! This kid is going to need some serious therapy in order to make it through Preschool.
So- Paint on leg equals freak out episode. Then I got him in the bathtub to wash off the paint- and apparently the fun soap that is like shaving cream and lots of fun (for most kids) was means for another episode. Let me just tell you that Sunday morning was an exhausting morning!
(Recap for the uninformed- When Prestyn gets upset he holds his breath, turns purple and passes out from not breathing. Most of the time he comes thru on his own. A few times we have had to blow into his mouth to get him to start breathing again. The doctor said that it is actually somewhat normal- that some kids do this as their way of throwing a fit, and he should outgrow it hopefully between 3 and 5 years of age. There isn't any kind of treatment for it, just time.... and we have to make sure we tell any babysitters that he does do this and that they haven't just killed the child- sorry Grandma Cindy!!!)
So with that said....Who's house are they painting at next???????



4 comments:

Jane said...

laughing my head off!! that is so funny.

AGoodKindOfCrazy said...

They can come paint at my house! I'll make sure I have the video camera ready!

The Gerster Family said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Gerster Family said...

The boy who lives across the street from my parents used to do that when he was little. It was quite entertaining. We would always see the fire truck and ambulance pull up and always knew he was mad and didn't get his way!